Beliefs and Values
The mission of Dawkins Middle School, in alliance with parents and the community, is to prepare students to be productive, responsible members of society by ensuring them a high quality education, high quality staff, and a challenging curriculum in a safe, nurturing, and positive learning environment.
- that all students should have a safe environment conducive to learning that fosters positive self-esteem, self-discipline, and responsibility.
- that all students should have the opportunity for an appropriate education that prepares them to be productive members of society by addressing their intellectual, moral, social, and physical needs.
- that the educational process should be shared by administrators, teachers, parents, students, and the community.
- that there should be effective communication between administrators, teachers, parents, and students.
- that all students have the ability to learn and that learning is a life-long process.
- that recognizing individual differences will strengthen our school and our society.
- that all students should become beneficial members of society through service to their community and others.
- that all educators should be involved in teaching and all students involved in discovering how to learn and not just what to learn.