Due to Covid-19 safety protocols, all yearbooks will be sold online this year. Please follow this link (https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/customer/1042729/Dawkins-Middle-School/) to purchase a yearbook and/or purchase an 8th-grade ad. The four free icons with the purchase of a personalized yearbook special will run until September 25, 2020.
To the Dawkins Middle School Family,
As we enter into a year of uncertainty, one thing is certain—the historical document that is the yearbook. The yearbook adviser/staff is working hard to chronicle all of the moments of the year. Every student has a story, and every story deserves to be told!
When we look back in history, this will be the yearbook our students will want to pick up and show their children.
This year, we need your help. We are up to the challenge, but cannot do it alone.
Below are some ways you could help us guarantee your student is featured in the yearbook. Photos can be submitted via this link (https://images.jostens.com/415466103) to use our school’s unique Jostens Community Photo Share site.
- Capture CANDID moments of your student, whether he or she is learning virtually or headed off to school. By “candid,” we mean non-posed.
- Is your student part of a club or organization? Help us gather memories of his or her meetings, practices, or virtual events.
- Is your student an athlete? We are talking about school sports, extracurricular sports, BMX, equestrian, sailing, rowing, dance (ballroom, ballet, etc.), curling, hockey, martial arts, gymnastics, golf, surfing/longboarding/skateboarding, running, weight lifting/powerlifting, lumberjack sports/highland games, strongman competitions, Legos, marbles, and arm wrestling ... to name a few. Share your student’s story and photos!
- If there are any parents who take pictures at student events, please email us.
- Take photos of ANYTHING that happens in your home that connects back to our school (whether virtually or in-person), no matter how mundane you think it might be.
This is our chance, collectively as a school and community, to create a book that accurately captures this historical year. This yearbook doesn’t just belong to us as the yearbook adviser/staff; it belongs to the school.
Thank you in advance for being a part of it!
Mrs. Baily, Yearbook Advisor